Pages

Jodie Whittaker plans to have a good rest before filming Doctor Who

Jodie Whittaker’s casting as the first-ever female Doctor Who was one of TV’s best-kept secrets – for an impressive five months – until it was officially announced on 16 July.

Indeed, when TV Magazine went to meet the actress back in June at an exclusive preview of the BBC’s gripping psychological thriller Trust Me, she was keeping very tight-lipped about her huge new role as the Time Lord.

“I’m not doing anything at the moment,” claimed Jodie when we wondered what was next on her agenda after the lead role in Trust Me.

“I should play it really cool and be like: ‘I’m doing this, this and this.’ But you know what? I’m not doing ’owt.

“I can’t be bothered to be sneaky or tactical about it. I’m not naive, I’m very lucky that I’ve worked for the last year solidly. So I’m taking a well-earned couple of months off.”


It turns out Jodie had only let the truth slip to one person after landing the coveted role: her husband, American actor Christian Contreras.

Naturally, TV Magazine is thrilled by the casting of a woman in the role and can forgive her little white lie. It’s possible that we won’t even see her as the 13th incarnation of the Doctor until autumn 2018, as she’s said to start filming next year, so she truly is “taking a couple of months off”.

Read the full article by at The Sun