Pages

Did Matt Lucas just hint at a Doctor Who return for Nardole?

The Twelfth Doctor seemingly said goodbye to companion Nardole in the series 10 finale, but now actor Matt Lucas is dropping hints that his time on Doctor Who might not be quite finished.

Nardole was last seen choosing to stay behind on the Cybermen's colony ship in 'The Doctor Falls', in hopes of staving off the evolution of the metal monsters. But was that really a suitable end?

Seemingly not, because Matt Lucas has dropped a hint to Den of Geek that he may have a future in Doctor Who, even as showrunner Steven Moffat and star Peter Capaldi depart.

"I'm not sure my relationship with the show is over," he hinted, before quickly adding: "But I can't really go into great detail about that. It remains a big part of my life, let's put it that way!"

Hmmm, since we already know that Pearl Mackie will return as Bill Potts for the Christmas special 'Twice Upon a Time' and there are whispers of a Jenna Coleman cameo too, perhaps we'll have some 'End of Time'-style cameos from all of the Capaldi-era companions?

Or maybe Matt Lucas will be continuing the role in some of Doctor Who and Big Finish's audio adventures, like David Tennant and Billie Piper have recently done? Only time will tell…

Lucas recently expressed hopes that those Doctor Who fans who were originally sceptical of him joining the show full-time were proved wrong by the end of Nardole's arc.

"My job was just to keep my head down and just do the best I could do, and I either prove them right or wrong," he explained to Digital Spy.

"I hope.... I get the sense that people – not everyone – but I get the sense that some of the doubters, in the end, appreciated what I contributed to the show."

Via Digital Spy by Justin Harp